Monday, May 11, 2009

Tulips, piano bars, and stuntwomen.

So I survived my first single Mothers Day. I had my moments where I had to change the radio station after hearing a story written by a husband to his wife about what a phenomenal woman she is, and how she’s a great mother to his children…but for the most part, it was very nice. I will go ahead and give kudos to the ex, though. J wanted to see him yesterday so he picked her up, and when he returned with her, she came with a homemade necklace for me (although his mom made it because J was busy making a card), and a vase full of my favorite flowers.

I went out with my best friend Saturday night. It was the first time we had gone out since I became single. When she was single, we went out several times, so I remember feeling excited for her, yet happily secure in my relationship. I danced with guys, but only in fun, and it never went any further. So, it was interesting to be on the other side of things. It was different this time, however, because her husband came with us. We’ll call him Mr. Peas. I used to like Mr. Peas. I really, really did. But now, Mr. Peas has become an irrational, insanely jealous bastard. Case in point came Saturday night. Apparently, we were “checking out guys” and he got all pissy and walked out to sit outside until we were ready to go. Talk about a buzz kill. Nice job, Mr. P. What makes it even more ridiculous is that we were at a freaking piano bar. No dancing, no shaking any tailfeathers, nothing. I seriously want to kick him in the junk for sucking the life out of my best friend and making her life so fucking miserable. I mean, really. Who wants THAT? Not I.

The situation with Mr. Peas really made me wonder about my next phase. I mean, right now, I’m in my “whoring around” stage, as Joy calls it. But, what next? I don’t want a serious relationship, but it would be nice to just hang out with one dude and settle in to really get to know him. Girlfriend is tired, mmmkay? The dating thing was fun, but it gets old quick. I am not even sure now how many times I’ve gone through the interview. (Yes, the interview. You know it. “So, what do you do? Uh huh. And do you have kids? What about pets? What do you do for fun?”) I think I may start trying out new personas, just to see if it changes the equation. Here’s one I’m thinking of trying next. “I’m a stuntwoman! Yes, really! I mean, I specialize in the less risky moves, like folding laundry and walking the dog, but you would be surprised at the adrenaline it produces! I have six kids, all with different dads, and for fun, I like to ride roller coasters topless. Um…wait…where are you going?” Yeah, maybe not the best idea, but the look on the poor guy’s face might just be worth trying it once…

1 comment:

  1. That's not cool. He should not have come if he was not going to let you two be yourselves. Ugh..

    ReplyDelete