Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The crap end of the fairy tale...literally...

So it’s Wednesday, which means I’m recovering from school night. (insert guttural noise of disgust here) I got home last night at about 10:30, to a second night of cleaning up canine diahrrea of my walls. Yeah, Weenie has the squirts. Still. If I have to clean that shit up again tonight, that little effer is getting a dose of immodium. I’m not even kidding.

I made a comment to someone yesterday that cleaning up dog shit didn’t make me feel much like a princess, and boy, ain’t that the truth! Straight up. Except….maybe if I had some old crotchety lady bitching at me all the time (the evil stepmother), I could totally twist this into a Cinderella thing…

But for now, I’m ok living in my 2 bedroom, 1 ½ bath castle sans prince. It’s not awesome, but it’s ok. There are things I miss, but things I don’t… For example, SPACE. I have alllllll the closet space I want. My shoes are not competing with high school football letterman jackets. That part is kinda nice. But, not having a dude to swoop in to clean up said dog poo and save me from the unpleasant chore is a bit of a bummer.

1 comment:

  1. If your puppy is having some loose bowels you might try only solid food & water. Also check the food. He/she might have a sensitive stomach (wheat & corn are horrible on little dogs for some silly reason). Our Molly was like this at first, then it would come & go & Greenies didn't seem to clear it up. Then she was eating sticks & grass all the time!

    The vet thought it was because she wasn't getting enough of something. We now only use Royal Canin Dog Food for sensitive & fussy dogs...Special 30. It is spendy (Petco), but she is so happy & healthy now that we are willing to pan out that extra cash. The bonus is that she actually likes it & eats it when it is put in her bowl. 1 Cup in the evening.

    And her teeth have cleaned up just by eating her food. Her coat is shiny & soft...just by eating her food. And she is more settled & less cranky...just by eating her food!!!!

    ReplyDelete